- Manager’s Messages
DEL PRADO NEWS
Friday, January 18, 2019
MONDAY, JANUARY 21 – Federal Holiday
Monday is a Federal Holiday (Martin Luther King Day) so there is no vendor work in the building. Our R&R (I.B) states, “Hours: Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. only. Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 12 noon (noiseless work only). EXCEPT FEDERAL HOLIDAYS.”
Note: Diana, Francisco, Lobby Attendants and Cyndi will be working.
EMERGENCY WATER SHUT OFF – TUESDAY, JANUARY 22 – 10:00 am- 2:00 pm
We have a few Common Area Hot Water Valves that need to be replaced!
• HOT WATER OFF TO ENTIRE BUILDING – 03 STACK AND COMMON AREA VALVES REPLACMENTS; Laundry will have no HOT Water; Toilets will work (except 03 stack)
• HOT AND COLD WATER OFF TO THE 03 STACK – Entire Unit (Kitchen & Bathrooms)
TOILETS RUNNING -IMPORTANT!!
Next week, Francisco would like to come into your unit and put a colored tablet into your toilet tank to assess water loss from your toilet. Please give us permission if you are out. We will contact you via e-mail or telephone call on the day and time.
If your toilet is running, please contact Francisco to assess the problem.
GARAGE – PARKING SPACES (Items to be removed)
Francisco will be walking the garages soon, taking pictures of all items that need to be removed and informing you to remove them. The R&R (IV.A.8) states, “Only vehicles, bicycles, shopping carts, pet carriers, strollers or disability assistance devices are permitted in garages and only in residents’ assigned spaces. They are parked in garages at the Owner’s risk.”
LOBBY ATTENDANTS NEW E-MAIL
The lobby attendants have a new e-mail address.
You are welcome to send them messages. They will send messages, (ex: let you know when the mail or a package has arrived.) If you see a Common area problem either call (619) 260-0500 or e-mail them. (Please give all of them a few weeks to get on board.)
I.F – Elevators – Without a dedicated service elevator, people and materials must share the use of the two elevators. The R&Rs are intended to indicate permissible uses of the elevators to avoid damage and allow safe and convenient use in a pleasant environment.
1. Residents and guests must not hold elevators at a floor for more time than is necessary for entering and exiting.
2. Children under the age of seven must be accompanied by an adult when riding in the elevator.
3. Only a padded elevator may be used to move in, move out, transport construction materials or convey large items. Padding should be requested through the Lobby Attendant no later than 10:00 p.m. of the evening before it is needed, although later requests will be honored whenever possible. If you are in doubt as to whether padding is required, consult the Building Superintendent in advance.
4. Nothing may be leaned against the walls of an elevator without padding, and care must be taken to avoid damaging mirrors or other interior surfaces even with padding.
5. Bicycles may not be transported in the elevators.
6. Anyone who spills liquid or food in the elevator must clean the elevator before releasing it or, if that is not possible, must notify the Lobby Attendant of the need to clean the elevator.
7. Smoking is not permitted in the elevators.
8. Only official notices may be posted in an elevator unless authorized by the HOA Office Manager.
Monday 1/21 – Federal Holiday – no vendor work in building
Monday 1/21 – Resident Relations Committee meeting
Tuesday 1/22 – Emergency Water Shut Off – Entire building NO HOT WATER
03 Stack – No hot or cold in bathrooms and kitchen
(Restrooms are available in the lobby and 3rd floor)
Guest Suites – No open days
Parkview Room – Open Monday & Tuesday morning; Open Wednesday evening; Open Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Library – Open every day, except Thursday evening.